We are providing you with an update on the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19}. This update includes the most recent guidance provided by our federal licensing authority, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The following information updates all prior communication that has been shared with you concerning COVID-19 and Piper Shores. Per CMS, we will strictly enforce these requirements for the safety of all residents, staff, family members and other parties.
Holbrook (Assisted Living, Memory Care, Health Center)
Holbrook is restricting ALL visitors including family members, spouses, loved ones and non-essential health care personnel. Essential health care personnel include hospice workers, EMS personnel, dialysis technicians and other designated health care professionals providing care to the residents. Exceptions will be made for certain compassionate care situations, such as an end-of-life situation. No other exceptions will be made.
Visitors approved for compassionate care situations must reflect the following:
- Visitation decisions on end of life will be made on a case by case basis which will include careful screening of the visitor. Should the visitor present with symptoms of a respiratory infection, the visitor will not be permitted to enter the facility at any time.
- An approved visit will be restricted to the resident’s room only.
- Visitors will be required to perform hand hygiene and maintain a social distance of no less than 6 feet.
CDC has provided additional guidance concerning operational practices. These practices will be incorporated into Holbrook’s daily operations and include the following:
- Communal dining will be cancelled. Residents will dine in their assigned dwelling unit.
- All group activities will be cancelled. This includes internal group activities normally led by the recreation therapy department.
- Alternative means of communication for those who would otherwise visit will be developed and implemented, which may include scheduled phone calls, facetime, skype, etc. Please contact our recreation department if you would like to do the above.
We recognize this is an evolving situation that continues to change daily, and sometimes by the hour. The restrictions above are in response to national concerns about the health, safety and well-being of all, especially seniors with health related issues. We continue to be in very close and regular contact with our Medical Director, Rachel Blake, M.D.
Unfortunately, the foregoing measures create hardships for residents and family members alike, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this extremely difficult time. We will continue to update you as this health crisis evolves.